Entrepreneurship = Solve A Problem
Do you have a solution to a problem deeply personal to you?
2019 Young Entrepreneur Winner
Julianna Belluk's Belluk Sour Cherries was the 2019 triumphant winner.
Her concept provides a unique fruit product to local customers. Edible shelterbelt concept- locally grown fruit. Healthy, antioxidant and other beneficial properties of sour cherries.
”We pick, we pit, we process and we deliver”
The YES Challenge Overview
Show us your business idea!
The Springfield Chamber of Commerce is looking for people aged 8 to 19, who are residents of the RM of Springfield with fresh innovative ideas. Your start-up idea could lead to a great business venture.
Enter the YES Challenge with a 60-second video pitch. Five finalists will be invited to present to a panel of local business experts. Your idea will be evaluated based on innovation, viability, marketing strategy and overall presentation.
The Prize !
The YES Challenge winner gets $2,500
Runner-up receives $1,500
Third place $500
Applicants will be judged on:
Rules of Eligibility
- A resident of RM of Springfield Manitoba, Canada
- Age 8 to 19 by December 31, 2021
- Must be applicants original idea
- Must not infringe on any copy writes, patents or intellectual property of others
- Must have permission from parent or guardian 12 years old or younger
Video Submission Tips
- Starting April 26th you'll be able to apply and submit your video on this site.
- Video duration should not exceed 90 seconds.
- Video uploads will be limited to under 50 MB. If you have a larger file size we'll make arrangements for either a Dropbox or you can upload it to your own YouTube account and send us a link.
- Use a 16:9 aspect ratio (record horizontally if you're using your phone).
- Send/upload your video in MP4 format.